Thursday, 13 August 2009

CSD challenges

I really had to catch up with a load of challenges as I was too stressed all week about my missing Joey and could not scrap. These challenges are such fun!! All images are linked.

CSD scrap by numbers challenge


This challenge goes from August 9th till August 28th (Afternoon time between 4PM to 8PM-Uruguay time: 21.00 or 9 PM, 2 or 3 hours ahead of Houston time), on August 28th a poll with all participant layouts will be posted and the winner will receive the Whole full size Charra Luna kit.
Every participant in this challenge will also earn 20 points.To ensure that you receive points for this challenge, please post your layout (or link) in this thread as well in the gallery.

1- This time you must use all pieces of the Charra luna mini add on kit as usual but it will be easier since it has 2 papers and 6 elements.
2- You can't use any other kit or items than Charra Luna mini add on, and you must use the whole mini kit in your layout.
3- The theme will be free this time...choose what best fits you.
4- You must include at least one photo in your layout, you can include more than one if you want.
5- Your layout must include some journalism .
6- Your layout must have a tittle that doesn't include the words: Charra, Luna, Scrap by Numbers, challenge...be creative and post a tittle.

To ensure that you receive points for this challenge, please post your layout (or link) in this thread in addition to posting in the gallery.




My entry


CSD speedscrap challenge
(ending tonight, but a new one starting tomorrow) was this time with my own (free) kit Delfts Blue (click freebies in my side menu)!



my entry. Je maintiendrai.



CSD Colorchallenge (second half of August)
You can use only the kit giving to you to complete the challenge, you don't have to use every item, but you must use only this one.
This challenge is worth 20 points. To ensure that you receive points for this challenge, please post your layout (or link) in this thread as well in the gallery.
You must use every color included in the swatch in your layout.
You have time until August 28th afternoon to complete the challenge.




my entry



And I won the CSD Color Challenge!!! (first half of August)
the swatch, I found this a real challenge!



the sampler by Kakleidesigns!



my entry, the incredible Jasper Hale :) This is one of my favorite layouts.



Credits:
dark paper - EMS Clair de Lune
red satin paper - EMS Clair de Lune
masked paper - kakleidesigns burghundy champagne kit paper12
civil war scene - masked - Googled drawing
flag of the confederates - Googled
kepi of confederate officer - Googled
medal made from
ribbon kakleidesigns burghundy champagne kit ribbon 4
Kakleid designs Gems of the past bow 1
and metal pin from Kakleid designs Metalblossoms kit
blue ribbon KAkleid designs Gems of the past
circl diamond frame Kakleid designs Moonwhispers samper
wooden frame Kakleid designs Gems of the past frame 4
star on flag Kakleid designs Moonwhispers samper



Journalling:
You held out your hand,
and I took it
without stopping to make sense
of what I was doing.
For the first time
in almost a century,
I felt hope.

Jasper Hale,
Eclipse, Chapter 13, p.301


Read in my earlier post how I made the medal.

No comments: