Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Subscribe to RSS Email me Google plus Home

Saturday, 12 September 2009

Elsina-ology

Kristine has this fun set of Q&As on her blog. Why don’t you join too? I would love to find out more about you! Copy this, paste in a new note, replace my answers with yours and re-post this as your name followed by “ology”.

***********FOODOLOGY***************

What is your salad dressing of choice?
homemade, yoghurt with a few spices and a teaspoon of mayo

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
hmm...with the kids it's usually the fastfood or a nice fallafel stand

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
french fries with mayo, ketchup and raw onions. "Patatje met" in Dutch.

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
cheese and artischok

What do you like to put on your toast?
Nutella or yellow cheese

***********TECHNOLOGY***************

How many televisions are in your house?
5 - blush. Hubby has one for sports and the kids have one too, each of them. I myself watch almost to none TV.

What color is your cellphone?
Something metal...it's a hand-down from one of the kids, broken screen too. I don't care for phones.

Do you have an iPod?
Nop, and don't want one either.

***************BIOLOGY******************

Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right handed

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
My righthip, a few wisdom teeth too and two babies in a ceasarian. The other 3 were born natural.

What is the last heavy item you lifted?
A 19 liter flask of mineral water. I should not do this with my hip..but ok.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Nop

************BULLOLOGY**************

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Not at all.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Nope, my name is from my granny, who died before I was born and I am proud to have her name.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000?
Nope, I don't do bets and stuff like that.

**************FAVORITOLOGY****************

Season?
Winter. I hate the long hot summer here.

Holiday?
Yom kippur, day of Atonement

Day of the week?
Friday. Free day of work after 5 days of office---beeeeh---- We only have friday and saturday off. Sunday is a normal working day.

Month?
September, high holidays and December , Hanukah, rain and storm.

***********CURRENTOLOGY*****************

Missing someone?
My dad who died when I was 12 and my son, who died at birth.

Mood?
A little sad weekend is almost over and tomorrow back to work and missing my second child Michal who is on a schooltrip to Poland.

What are you listening to?
my blog ipod-player thing.

Current worry?
If my daughter in Poland is ok. If I will be able to fix my mom's computer that died again and if there will be please no war (yesterday 3 katucha rockets were fired from Lebanon into Israel).

***************RANDOMOLOGY*****************

First place you went this morning
Kitchen, make a cup of nescafe.

What’s the last movie you saw?
Sipur Gadol, Israeli movie about sumos, so funny, loved it.

***************OTHER-OLOGY*****************

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
None, hate them. I have nike tracking sandals.

Last time you had a run-in with the cops
Never. I am very lawabiding.

Last person you talked to?
hubby

Last person you hugged?
hubby and kids.

Do you always answer your phone?
Never. I only answer if I see it's somebody I know on my handy. Anonymous or unknown numbers I don't answer and the normal housephone I also don't pick up.

It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
My daughter in Poland, different timezone.

If you could change your eye color what would it be?
Same brown I have now, inherited from my daddy.

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic
No idea what that is.

Do you own a digital camera?
Yes, a canon powershot, 8.1 mp but love to have a 12 mp one.

Have you ever had a pet fish?
No, but the kids had goldfish.

Favorite Christmas song(s)
Silent night in Gaelic by Enya.

What’s on your wish list for your birthday
books, dvd's

Can you do push ups?
Maybe a few

Can you do a split?
Not sinse I had a hipreplacement :)

Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Excited. Life is beautiful.

Do you have any saved texts?
Tons.

Have you ever been in a car accident?
No - touch wood. I have been trough two wars..enough for me.

Do you have an accent?
Yes, when speaking dutch I have a saxon (groninger) accent from the Northern Netherlands. When speaking Hebrew I have a dutch accent :)

What is the last movie to make you cry?
Can't remember. I don't cry easily. True stories though are emotional, especially holocaust movies as The Pianist. I don't easily forget those.

Plans tonight?
Finishing challenges.

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes sometimes, but always climbing back up again.

Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Nothing, I don't do much shopping. Friday is my day at home. I did make some scrapbuys online though.

Have you ever been given roses?
Yes, hubby or my kids buy them sometimes.

Met someone who changed your life?
Yes, a few.

How will you bring in the New Year?
Rosh hashana, Jewish new year seder meal with my family and my mom. Bad luck it falls on a friday saturday this year so no extra free days.

What song represents you?
I need to think on that one.

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Yes. I would go back to the week before my son was born and have him saved. He died because of a medical error by the doctors.

Do you have any tattoos/piercings?
I have a celtic triangle on my shoulder

Does anyone love you?
I do. and my mom, hubby and kids...and a few collegues perhaps :)

Would you be a pirate?
I love pirates, but a real pirate.... Nope. I am to lawabiding and straight for that. I also am not interested in gold and money and certainly would not kill or rob somebody for that. I would be on the other side, the navy officer chasing them.

What songs do you sing in the shower?’
Anything that comes in my head.

Ever had someone sing to you?
The family usually sing "happy birthday" out loud at my birthday. And Yael my youngest loves to sing for me daily the latest songs she learned (especially when she was in a chorus at her former school last year)

Do you like to cuddle?
Sometimes.

Have you held hands with anyone today?
Nope. We are in a heatwave of 40C I think, 100F plus and holding hands would melt your hands with this heat!

Who was the last person you took a picture of?
The girls. The new kittens too!

Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
My old friends I left behind in the old country. Here I got a few at work and the rest is virtual.

Do you like pulpy orange juice?
Yep! Picking them right from the tree and press them fresh :)

What is something your friends make fun of you for?
The crazy dutch one.


Share/Bookmark

0 happy thoughts: