Tuesday, 23 February 2010

My new toy

My camera came yesterday and I have been studying it today by shooting a little bit in the garden and backyard. So far I am impressed. I really loved my Canon but lately the pictures were noisy and it was just too old I think. I wanted to buy a new Canon in the EOS series, but it would be around 1200 dollars here and that's just a little bit above my budget, with our trip to Europe soon. But I got this camera, a Fuji Finepix S1500 for such a lovely price of 200 dollars and it's really a great camera! Easy to learn and use and exellent shots, also with the zoom.

Pomela tree (lovely fruit)


Bastet, our first cat which we really took in (in contrary to cats left at our doorstep)


Shus, the mothercat that was dropped in our yard -anonymous- in a cartonbox in August 2009 with 5 kittens of a few days old. I didn't crop this photo, it's 3200x2800 pixels! (just put a smaller version here).


Couscous, one of her female kittens, born in August 2009


Oliver, one of the two male kittens, born August 2009


Dobbie, a "guest" cat who drops by from time to time. She is huge! Used the optical 12x zoom here.


Bobo, another "guest" who came by just after Joey went missing and has not left.


Bobo (the thinker of Rodin hehehe)

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What beautiful photos of your furry family!