Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Titanic - Cinema Saturday

Cinema Saturday has this week the Titanic as the theme. I made a layout last year and as it wasn't new I made a card for the challenge.

The quote is from Celine Dion's title song:
Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go 'til we're gone



The vintage paper heart is from Tangie Baxter SBG Printed matters, the Titanic image from Dover publications. Inkt edged cardstock, blue linen paper, vintage lace, blue crystal brad and silver heart charm, flowers (Barunson) from my own craft supplies. Coffee stained it for the old look.


Here is my original layout from last year:


Propior Deo - Nearer my God to Thee
A tribute to Wallace Hartley and his band

Journaling reads:

Thirty years ago
my music teacher made me study hymns
and whenever I would practise
'Nearer my God to Thee'
mom would say
"Dont play that tune.
The band played on,
that very same tune
when Titanic went down"
And I laughed,
granddad was born two years after!
It was ages ago!

Thirty years later,
I am a mom of five
and together we watch
Titanic, the movie
and the band played on
'Nearer my God to Thee'
and I cried
and understood.

Credits:
background wooden planks- mine
background - LCM "Voyage" (blogfreebie)
background - Glipi "Sea"
large photo - Wallace Hartley and the two Titanic bands - Google
Titanic photo - Google
small photo of bandleader Wallace Hartley - Google
White Star Line passengers list - Google
Wreck of Titanic photo - Ballard (Google)
Violin - Samceline (blogfreebie)
metal hinge element - Dielle "Tallship" sampler (blogfreebie)
old frame - Olga "Unger Under the Sea" (blogfreebie)
Old book - MGL "Discovery" (SBG)
green box - MyBorkova "Memories of the Sea" (blogfreebie)
splash, rope - "Enchanted Sea" Digishop freebie
driftwood - Pewter (Renderosity freebie)
Royanna Frischmann - cloud stockphoto

6 comments:

Nancy K said...

Elsina this is just beautiful. I love the vintage images and style. Thanks for sharing your personal experience with the music the Titanic band played. Great job with the challenge!

Laural-Lee said...

Your coffee stained lace is a beautiful touch to this vintage card. Beautiful.

Snowsmoon said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing! I love your designs and your creativity just amazes me. Hugs

Pink Rufflez said...

I just downloaded your free Watermelon kit from August - thank you so much. I love your Titanic card and layout!

Shaz said...

Very elegant. I love the layers.

Sankari W. said...

Elsina - this is simply gorgeous! I love the layout that you created last year - what a beautiful journal entry - I can't even hear that song without tearing up - and what beautiful way to illustrate all of that in your layout! And your card is simply GORGEOUS - love the way you did the lace and the sentiment! Simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)