Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Subscribe to RSS Email me Google plus Home

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Some scenery from Holland

I am still not done getting trough all the photos from our trip to the Netherlands two weeks ago, but here I resized some of the scenery images. Hopy you like :)

Modern windmills in Flevoland


and at another spot in the polder


VOC ship the Batavia in Lelystad harbor


The beautiful synagogue of Groningen


The main building of the University of Groningen where I got my MA in history
22 years ago.


oh that sky! How I missed that! Straight from a painting of the old masters!


somewhere during our travels


a backyard in Marken


Dutch food, "patat met", French fries with majonaise (my kids loved it)


Sheep in green fields


Souvenir porcelain clogs


or Delft ware


Windmills at the Zaanse Schans


Zaanse Schans


Knotwilgen (willows) at the Zaanse Schans


Muiderslot (Castle of Muiden)


Veluwe


Sail Kampen


Veluwe in spring time

Share/Bookmark

2 happy thoughts:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

These photos are absolutely stunning! The contrast between the new steel windmills and the old wooden mills is fabulous! Thank you for sharing your photos! (My husband loves his french fries with mayonnaise, too!)

Shirley1md said...

Fabulous pictures of your trip to Holland! So happy to read that your girls enjoyed the trip too! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!