- tomatoes (1-2 pound), you can also add tomato paste or ketchup to the fresh tomatoes.
- one onion
- tablespoon of dry basil
- teaspoon of sweet pepper (paprika)
- garlic to taste
- 4 eggs
- knife-tip of salt, allthough I don't add salt myself as the spices make it flavory enough.
- Peel and chop the onion and fry it in oil until it turns translucent.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the onion in the pan.
- Add basil, sweet pepper and garlic.
- Cover and let cook until the tomatoes are evenly cooked through (around 25 minutes on low heat).
- Break and pour eggs into the mix.
- Cover and let cook until the eggs are firm (around 5 more minutes).
- Serve with bread. Delicious to put the mixture on the breadslices! At my family 3-4 slices of bread per person.