Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Subscribe to RSS Email me Google plus Home

Sunday, 12 February 2012

New chair covers

A while ago I bought this old sofa for 3 and one matching chair. They came without seats. At first I had planned to paint them, but I still have not made up my mind. They have lovely carved backs and curved armrests. Today I started making the first cover for the chair. I used Berta fabric from Ikea that was on sale for 9 shekels a meter (around 2 dollar a yard) and some old pillows of another sofa long gone. I am only a beginner in sewing but love the result! Now I have to make the cover for the 3-sitter.


Share/Bookmark

2 happy thoughts:

Willy said...

Wat is dit leuk geworden. Vorige week heb ik die stof nog geaaid bij IKEA, maar ik heb het niet nodig helaas!

Heather Oliver said...

Wow! That looks great. You did an awesome job. It looks so comfortable as well as fashionable and the price was sure right!!