Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Subscribe to RSS Email me Google plus Home

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Sacher torte

A few days ago a colleague at work was thinking on what cake to make this weekend and I gave a few ideas, one of them a Sacher Torte. She had never heard of it and I told her the story of the 16 year old cook apprentice Franz Sacher who had to make a cake for a visiting quest of his boss, an Austrian prince, as just the master cook had fallen ill. The boy made a cake that became famous and was named after him, the Sacher Torte. His children continued creating the cake, eventually for their family hotel Sacher in Vienna, which serves until today the original Sacher Torte!

Than I thought why not make one myself? There are dozens of recipes, just fill in Sacher torte at Google.

Mine had 500 grams of bitter chocolade in it and it turned out delicious!


Have a great weekend!



Share/Bookmark

4 happy thoughts:

It's me said...

Dat ziet er lekker uit......fijne zondag liefs Ria...x !

Willy said...

Oh Elsina, dat ziet er heerlijk uit.
Fijne week, lieve groet

Elna said...

I have tasted it and just loved it. Have a nice week.

Hugs

Shirley1md said...

"Death by chocolate"! Absolutely delicious!!